€699,000 Mountain village house Nistos
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Carole McGregor - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Pyrenees - Haute Garonne
- Ski Resort
- Price / Ref
agency fees to be paid by the seller
- Beds / Bath
- 7 / 7
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 2128 / 505
Fabulous 7-bedroom home with a guest house, swimming pool and secure enclosed grounds. This truly is a dream home. In a tranquil small village with views of the Pyrenees mountains yet only a short drive to shops, service and transport links
- 30 minutes drive to ski resort
- Balcony, terrace or garden providing an area large enough for dining.
- Private swimming pool.
As the large electric large gates open, you cannot fail to be impressed by this beautiful property. The owners have lovingly restored this old stone property and barn, retaining as many original features as possible and blending them into the contemporary design using high quality materials and fittings. The rooms are spacious, light and elegantly designed. 7 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms a guest house next to the pool, workshop, studio, large dressing rooms, everything has been planned for and provided. To fully appreciate the accommodation, take a look at the 360 ° tours, the photographs on their own do not convey the size and quality of the rooms on their own.
• 37 km (46 minutes) to Le Mourtis Ski Station near St Beat
• 40 km (41 minutes) to Bagneres de Luchon and the tele-cabin to Superbagners
• 40 km (53 minutes) to Nistos Ski Village Set in its own secure grounds, this is a wonderful home with massive potential. It is possible to have a gite and/or B&B accommodations if required. Everything is new – the original property has been completely renovated over the last 10 years. As you enter through the electric gates you are in the courtyard garden at the front of the property. To the left is the barn renovation with an archway into the garden and rear of the home. Turn left and you will see the guest house, again completely modernised and new and the swimming pool. HOUSE Let’s start with the elegant stone house and take you on a tour.
GROUND FLOOR The main door to the property opens into the entrance hallway (8 m2) with a tiled floor and the original staircase facing leading up to the first floor. To the left you have a guest suite comprising:]
• Bedroom 1 (9.50 m2) with tiled floor, wardrobe and private bathroom
• Dressing room (10.50 m2) with tiled floor, wardrobes (this room could be changed into an additional bedroom if required
• Private bathroom (8 m2) with bath, shower, wash basin and WC
The door to the right leads into the large equipped kitchen and dining room (36 m2) with tiled floor, entirely new fitted kitchen. a central island with ceramic work surface and insert fireplace. A door leads from the kitchen into the laundry/boiler room (16 m2) with cupboards and storage and an external door out to the garden at the rear of the property. From the kitchen a passageway leads down to the spacious living room measuring 55 m2 with an insert fireplace, exposed ceiling beams, one wall of exposed stone and several large patio doors making it an incredibly light and welcoming area. Off the hallway is a shower room (4 m2) with tiled floor, shower, wash basin and WC
FIRST FLOOR As you reach the top of the stairs there is a small hallway (8 m2) with built-in wardrobes and a door leading out to the Juliet balcony overlooking the courtyard and across to the fabulous Pyrenean chain of mountains. The first-floor accommodation is partly in the original house but also turns left into the first floor of the old barn and offers the following:
• Bedroom 2 (25 m2) with parquet flottant, a marble fireplace, dressing room and shower room.
• Bedroom 3 (18 m2) has parquet flottant, floor to ceiling wardrobe and private bathroom
• Bedroom 4 (13 m2) again with parquet flottant and a little Juliet balcony
• Bedroom 5 (16m2) with parquet flottant and Juliet balcony
• Bedroom 6 is the part of the master suite, measuring in total 110 m2 (bedroom, his and her dressing rooms, bathroom and gym (or office)
• Bathroom (Bed 6) is a massive 16 m2 with bath, incredibly large walk in Italian style shower, two wash basins and a door leading into a separate WC
• Bathroom (Bed 3) has a corner bath, shower, two wash basins and WC
• Bathroom (Bed 4) is 7 m2 with a balneo spa bath, Italian styled shower and two wash basins.
• Shower room (Bed 2) measures 7 m2 with shower, two wash basins and WC
• Separate WC (for Bedrooms 4 and 5)
• ‘His’ private dressing room (12 m2) with floor to ceiling shelving and a door leading into the master suite bathroom
• ‘Her’ private dressing room is a huge 36 m2 with floor to ceiling shelving, cupboards and hanging space
• There are two games rooms on this floor measuring 28 and 11 m2.
GUEST HOUSE The guest house/pool house has two floors each measuring 63m2. The large open plan ground floor has huge double-glazed sliding doors that completely open out onto the pool area. There is a
• Equipped kitchen with modern units and a door leading into the larder/storage room
• Sitting area
• Dining area
• Semi-sunken jacuzzi/spa
• Shower room with shower, wash basin and WC A lovely modern open staircase leads up to the small mezzanine space which could be closed to make a second bedroom. The first floor has a large bedroom (currently used as a music room, spacious storage room/dressing area with hot water cylinder and a large shower room to be finished. This large second home could easily be transformed into a gite to provide rental income or can remain as a guest house/family accommodation. In front of the guest house is the swimming pool (9m x 5m) with a relaxing terrace area. The house and pool are fenced and gated for security. At the opposite end of the pool is a second small building (18 m2) that is home to all the technical equipment for the swimming pool and provides storage for garden equipment and furniture
BARN CONVERSION The first floor of the barn has been converted to provide the master suite and family rooms. Underneath the barn there is:
• Workshop (33 m2) with a concrete floor and a door leading into the wine cave (7 m2) with storage for over 100 bottles of wine.
• Garage measuring 48 m2 that comfortably accommodates two vehicles.
• Covered parking (125 m2) Steps to the side lead up to the bright artist studio with perfect natural lighting and a wooden floor (40 m2).
OTHER INFORMATION Below is useful information regarding the property:
• Covered barbecue area
• Covered storage area ideal for bikes etc
• Large electric gates and intercom
• Paved courtyard
• New roof in 1998
• Double glazing throughout
• House has 32 cm of insulation
• Dependences have 30 cm of insulation
• New gas boiler in 2004
• Reversible heating/air conditioning in the master suite, bedrooms 5 and 6 and the guest house.
• Electric under-floor heating in the lounge
• All the plumbing was recently renewed.
• Wi-Fi reception is good
• House is alarmed
• Electric shutters
• Cable television
REGION Although the house is situated in a small peaceful village with views of the mountains and countryside, life Is very easy because you are close to all the shops, services and transport you require including schools, pharmacy, motorway, train station, supermarkets, bank etc:
• Montrejeau train station is only 2.5 km (5 minutes) by car
• Junction 17 of the motorway is just 2 km (3 minutes) away
• Shopping Complex is 5km from the house and includes supermarkets, DIY shops, bakers etc For those who appreciate the outdoors, you will love this region. Here is just a selection of the activities on offer:
• Rivers with rafting, canoeing and trout fishing
• Lakes where you can swim
• Skiing (Le Mourtis, Superbagners, Peyragudes, Nistos)
• Excellent cycling routes (on the flat and Tour de France climbs)
• Beautiful walks and hikes
• Golf courses at Montrejeau, Luchon and Lannemazan
• Paragliding and an aerodrome at Luchon offering leisure flights and gliding
• Thermes at Bagneres de Luchon and also Les in Spain
There are also restaurants, historical villages and sites, cinema and theatre and the Val d’Aran in Spain is just over 30 minutes away where you can enjoy tapas for lunch.
SUMMARY You have a super opportunity to purchase this stunning property with no work required and located close to everything you ever imagined here in the lovely Pyrenees mountains. Additional photographs are available on request and don’t forget to take a look at the 360-degree tours available on the website. If you would like to visit, I would be delighted to show you around this wonderful home.
Pyrenees - Haute Garonne Ski Area
The department of Haute-Garonne borders onto Spain in the south and forms part of the French Midi-Pyrénées region and is surrounded by the departments of Hautes-Pyrénées, Gers, Tarn-et-Garonne, Tarn, Aude, Ariège and the Val d’Aran in Spain.
The Garonne river rises from across from the Spanish border, descending for some 500km down through the Pyrénées mountains, via Toulouse into the Atlantic ocean at Bordeaux, leaving in its wake, beautiful lakes, powerful rapid waters and challenging peaks to explore.
In the summer, the region offers an amazing choice of activities including rafting, potholing, paragliding , climbing, golf, fishing, horse-riding, gliding, adventure parks, fabulous hikes, mountain bike and of course many Tour de France climbs for cyclists and bikers. Visitors are always amazed at the choice of activities, tourist attractions and friendly welcome on offer here right in the centre of the Pyrenees.
The proximity to Spain is a lovely extra little touch with the opportunity to experience two different cultures and sample the local tapas, sangria and rioja wine.
Toulouse is the main, international airport for the region, with daily flights to the UK and other European and long-haul destinations and Tarbes/Lourdes airport offers access in under an hour.
Motorway access to the villages is easy with routes from Bordeaux, Paris, Lyon and Marseille and you can also cruise overnight via ferry to Santander and Bilbao in Spain.
There is a choice of excellent ski resorts in the area catering for all abilities, including; Luchon Superbagneres (the second ski resort to open in France after Chamonix) with its excellent après-ski facilities. Imagine relaxing after a day’s skiing in the thermal spa, having a massage before enjoying a lovely meal with friends or even an English film at the little cinema in the centre of town! In 1854 Luchon received the title of "Queen of the Pyrenees" and it is easy to see why with its beautiful boulevard and impressive villas, spa, casino and mansions.
The resort of Le Mourtis is really geared towards families, looking for the facilities and activities that ensure their children are happy and entertained. Situated just 10km from St Beat, an historical Pyrenean village famous for its marble an just 5 minutes to the border of Spain.
If you’re a more advanced skier or snow-border, you will enjoy the resort of Peyragudes with its Vallee Blanche and fabulous snow record. You can drive to the resort or take advantage of the free bus from the centre of Luchon.
Bourg d’Oeuil is a charming small village nestling at the bottom of the Oueil valley and is the starting point for a variety of hiking trails. In Winter the village is a favourite for those looking to alpine ski and participate in snowshoeing.
And whilst here, why not sample skiing in Baqueira/Beret in Spain – a favourite with the Spanish Royal family.
Leggett have highly experienced Sales Agents who both live and work in the region and can provide you with invaluable advice and guidance to help you purchase your perfect property here in the heart of the beautiful Pyrenees mountains.
Contact us now and take advantage of our award winning buying service and start the search for your dream property today!
Nistos Ski Resort
Situated close to Valcabrere and St Bertrand de Comminge, Nistos is known as the “Domain of the Gods” and is a magnificent cross-country skiing area at an altitude of between 1600 and 1800 metres.
The resort offers 8 cross country and skating routes and 50 km of trails for snow shoeing (1 green, 2 blue, 4 red and 1 black). The circuits are named as follows: Erge (3km), Sylvain (5km), Cybele (7.5km), Abelio (9km), Belisiama (10km), Ageion (2km), Arixo (6km) and Fagus (with black trails).
Whether you are on foot, using snowshoes or cross-country skiing, Nistos is ideal for those who like hiking. It offers classic skiing and ice-skating, snowshoe tours, sledding and activities for children.
Toulouse – 87 miles
Tarbes/Lourdes – 50 miles
Carcassonne – 136 miles
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
Gaz à effet de serre
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES