€180,000 Mountain village house Le Mourtis
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Carole McGregor - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Pyrenees - Haute Garonne
- Ski Resort
- Le Mourtis
- Price / Ref
agency fees included: 6 % TTC to be paid by the buyer (€170,000 without fees)
- Beds / Bath
- 5 / 3
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 489 / 176
Large, well maintained village house with a gite and a super tiered and private garden. Close to the border of Spain, near the Garonne River and with easy access to skiing, walking, cycling, rafting and lots of other outdoor activities.
- 15 minutes drive to ski resort
- Mountain views.
- Balcony, terrace or garden providing an area large enough for dining.
This lovely village home is a hidden gem. The big surprise is the garden, developed on three tiers by the owner with views over to the mountains. The main house has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The gite has two bedrooms and a bathroom and attracts clients from all over the world.
• 16-minute drive to Le Mourtis Ski Resort (11 km)
• 22-minute drive to Superbagneres Ski Resort (20 km)
• 45-minute drive to Peyragudes Ski Resort (35 km
• 50-minute drive to Baqueira/Beret in Spain (48 km)
Situated on one of the original narrow lanes in the village, this lovely home is very deceptive and much larger that it appears when you look around.
GROUND FLOOR There are two main entrances into the property, both serve the main house and one also gives access to the gite.
MAIN HOUSE The main entrance into the house opens into the hallway with a lovely wooden staircase, a marble and granite original mosaic floor and doors leading into a bedroom and the smaller second lounge area. The second entrance has stairs leading up to the gite and external games room. A door from the hallway leads into a cellar with wood store and an additional door leading out to the lane. The ground floor salon has a Surbo wood burner (with turbo giving two different speeds), a tiled floor, electric radiator and a double-glazed window opening to the little lane. There is a bedroom on the ground floor with half panelled walls, radiator, tiled floor and a window. A door at the rear of the bedroom leads into a storage area that houses the water heater and provides excellent storage for skis and is the perfect temperature for storing wine. Another door from the bedroom leads into the small shower room with tiled floor, wash basin and shower.
FIRST FLOOR The wooden staircase opens into the grand living room with
• a kitchen (the owner is leaving the fridge/freezer, dishwasher, mobile oven, microwave)
• dining area with an ornate marble fireplace
• lounge area with wood pellet burner, large radiator, marble fireplace and original wooden floor A door from the kitchen leads out into the beautiful rear garden. To the side of the dining area and lounge a door opens into the large bathroom with tiled floor, towel radiator, a bath with shower, washing machine and tumble dryer and wash basin. The bathroom has a door opening directly into the garden also. Next to the bathroom there is a separate WC with wash basin and double-glazed window.
2ND FLOOR A door leading from the lounge goes up to the attic second floor where there are two spacious bedrooms. The house has double glazing throughout apart from the attic floor which is single glazed. Bedroom 1 has an electric radiator, patio doors with a beautiful view of garden, exposed beams and a Velux window. Bedroom 2 has an electric radiator and is access directly by the staircase leading up from the first floor. There is a window in the ceiling and an under eaves dressing room. The door from bedroom 2 leads into bedroom 1. The roof has been revised by a professional tiler.
GITE The owner rents the gite successfully to holiday-makers from all over the world. All the furniture in the gite is included in the price of the sale. It is situated on the first and second floor of the building to the left of the house and has the following accommodation:
• First floor large living room with a new wooden floor, an equipped kitchen (washing machine, tumble dryer, dish washer, hob and small oven), 2 electric radiators and a small corner with a clic clac sofa bed. A double-glazed window overlooks the little lane.
• Second floor landing which could be used as a little reading area, or office etc with wooden floor, radiator and a double-glazed small window over the garden.
• Shower room with wash basin, tiled shower and floor
• WC independent
• Cupboard with new water heater in 2014
• Large bedroom with built in cupboard/wardrobe, exposed beams, new Velux window and radiator. A second bedroom is in the little attic with electric radiator, new Velux with internal shutter to keep out the light and exposed beam.
EXTERIOR The garden is such a lovely surprise – a hidden gem and is split into tiers. The top tier is a large area with a shed and views across the mountains to Spain. Stone steps go down to the next level with a small seating area and lovely views. More stone steps down to the first level with lovely lawn, seating area and barbecue. Steps either side of the lawn go down to the small passageway in front of the house. A door opens into the annexe which would make a games room or a lovely summer kitchen with large high window and exposed beams.
REGION This area of the Pyrenees really does have something for everyone. The village has the following shops and services:
• Little café/bar
• Post Office
• Gift shop
• Taxi/Ambulance and only 5 – 10 minutes from the Val d ’Aran in Spain with a massive choice of restaurants and bars, large supermarkets etc.
In the immediate vicinity, you have the following activities and amenities available to you:
• Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing
• Walking and hiking trails at all levels
• Mountains, lakes and village outdoor swimming pool (in Summer)
• Cycling (cross country and Tour de France mountain passes)
• Paragliding, rafting, canoeing, hunting, horse-riding and fishing
• Spas (Luchon, Balnea and Lès in Spain)
• Shops, restaurants and historical sites
The nearest large supermarket, Intermarche is 5km from the house but the little village has a small supermarket and bakers. In summary this lovely house is ready to move in and start to enjoy your time in the Pyrenees. The gite offers income and the location is fantastic being close to Spain and all the activities this beautiful region has to offer.
Pyrenees - Haute Garonne Ski Area
The department of Haute-Garonne borders onto Spain in the south and forms part of the French Midi-Pyrénées region and is surrounded by the departments of Hautes-Pyrénées, Gers, Tarn-et-Garonne, Tarn, Aude, Ariège and the Val d’Aran in Spain.
The Garonne river rises from across from the Spanish border, descending for some 500km down through the Pyrénées mountains, via Toulouse into the Atlantic ocean at Bordeaux, leaving in its wake, beautiful lakes, powerful rapid waters and challenging peaks to explore.
In the summer, the region offers an amazing choice of activities including rafting, potholing, paragliding , climbing, golf, fishing, horse-riding, gliding, adventure parks, fabulous hikes, mountain bike and of course many Tour de France climbs for cyclists and bikers. Visitors are always amazed at the choice of activities, tourist attractions and friendly welcome on offer here right in the centre of the Pyrenees.
The proximity to Spain is a lovely extra little touch with the opportunity to experience two different cultures and sample the local tapas, sangria and rioja wine.
Toulouse is the main, international airport for the region, with daily flights to the UK and other European and long-haul destinations and Tarbes/Lourdes airport offers access in under an hour.
Motorway access to the villages is easy with routes from Bordeaux, Paris, Lyon and Marseille and you can also cruise overnight via ferry to Santander and Bilbao in Spain.
There is a choice of excellent ski resorts in the area catering for all abilities, including; Luchon Superbagneres (the second ski resort to open in France after Chamonix) with its excellent après-ski facilities. Imagine relaxing after a day’s skiing in the thermal spa, having a massage before enjoying a lovely meal with friends or even an English film at the little cinema in the centre of town! In 1854 Luchon received the title of "Queen of the Pyrenees" and it is easy to see why with its beautiful boulevard and impressive villas, spa, casino and mansions.
The resort of Le Mourtis is really geared towards families, looking for the facilities and activities that ensure their children are happy and entertained. Situated just 10km from St Beat, an historical Pyrenean village famous for its marble an just 5 minutes to the border of Spain.
If you’re a more advanced skier or snow-border, you will enjoy the resort of Peyragudes with its Vallee Blanche and fabulous snow record. You can drive to the resort or take advantage of the free bus from the centre of Luchon.
Bourg d’Oeuil is a charming small village nestling at the bottom of the Oueil valley and is the starting point for a variety of hiking trails. In Winter the village is a favourite for those looking to alpine ski and participate in snowshoeing.
And whilst here, why not sample skiing in Baqueira/Beret in Spain – a favourite with the Spanish Royal family.
Leggett have highly experienced Sales Agents who both live and work in the region and can provide you with invaluable advice and guidance to help you purchase your perfect property here in the heart of the beautiful Pyrenees mountains.
Contact us now and take advantage of our award winning buying service and start the search for your dream property today!
Le Mourtis Ski Resort
Situated above Saint Beat, at the start of the Val d’Aran and only 1h 30 minutes from Toulouse, Le Mourtis is a family friendly ski resort. Located in the heart of a magnificent forest that is home to brown bears, deer and other small animals.
Le Mourtis has 23 km of pistes including 8 green, 5 blue, 5 red and 2 black runs ranging between 1380 m and 1816 m altitude. There are 13 lifts including 2 chair lifts and 2 rope tows, 2 ski schools (ESF and ESI) and a new snow park..
As a family friendly ski resort, children are well catered for at Le Mourtis. The nursery welcomes little ones and has a playroom, video and dormitory. Older children have their own club play space including 2 toboggan runs, 2 snow gardens, 4 lifts and the possibility of ski lessons.
In addition to downhill skiing, Le Mourtis also has 15 km of marked trails in the woods for cross-country skiing and 45 km of forest trails for snow shoeing . Mountain guides are available to take you on these trails if you wish. The resort also offers dog sleighing on a 5 km circuit.
At the foot of the slopes there are shops, restaurants, cafes, fitness area with a heated pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
Toulouse – 74 miles
Tarbes/Lourdes – 62 miles
Carcassonne – 124 miles
DPE : The energy estimation cannot be produced owing to a lack of appropriate data that conforms to the "arrêté du 15 septembre 2006 relatif au DPE".