€460,000 Mountain village house Superbagneres
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Andrew Parker - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Pyrenees - Haute Garonne
- Ski Resort
- Price / Ref
agency fees included: 4 % TTC to be paid by the buyer (€441,000 without fees)
- Beds / Bath
- 5 / 3
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 4425 / 236
Elegant 5 bedroom mansion with private enclosed landscaped garden, mountain views, balconies and just 10 minutes to Bagneres de Luchon the Queen of the Pyrenees with a choice of activities, restaurants, shops and a lovely lake
- 15 minutes drive to ski resort
- Mountain views.
- Balcony, terrace or garden providing an area large enough for dining.
This beautiful property is set in its own grounds on the edge of a little village just 10 minutes from Bagneres de Luchon. This large and elegant property would make a:
• spacious yet warm and comfortable family home with a lovely landscaped garden
• superb holiday home to share with family and friends and with the potential for income generation
• elegant bed and breakfast having 5 large bedrooms and 3 bathrooms - the entrance alone would impress potential guests
• perfect property to buy and share with friends
The rooms are spacious with high ceilings and beautiful features. There is a superb, large dining kitchen, ideal for a family get-together and soirees with friends. Perfectly located to access all the different attractions, activities and villages in the region and just 1h20 minutes to the International Airport of Toulouse and 25 minutes to the railway station and motorway.
• 14-minute drive to Bagneres de Luchon/Superbagneres Ski Resort (12 km)
• 28-minute drive to Le Mourtis Ski Resort (20 km)
• 39-minute drive to Peyragudes Ski Resort (29 km)
• Views of the surrounding mountains
Come and take a look, you will not be disappointed.
A fabulous opportunity to purchase a lovely property, full of character and on the edge of a little village with stunning views of the surrounding mountains and countryside. As you pass through the electric gates of Chateau Laffargue into the grounds, you cannot fail to be impressed as you look down to the mansion. There is a long driveway to the property that culminates in a little turning area in front of the house with a statue. Either side of the drive there are plants and shrubs which, when in full bloom look stunning. Steps on the right of the drive provide access to the raised garden area and to the left there is a terrace – a perfect spot for dinner parties on hot summer evenings. On sunny days, the front of the house receives sunshine throughout the day and, to the evening, it passes round to the two balconies at the side of the property. The lower garden has solar panels that heat the water.
GROUND FOOR Walk in through the double doors and you find yourself in the spacious hallway with stairs leading up to the higher floors and a mini corridor with door and steps leading down into the cellar. The floor has an attractive original mosaic floor. To the right of the hallway is the dining room and kitchen. This room has a lovely feel with pretty duck egg blue walls, a wooden floor in the dining area and tiles in the kitchen. You can easily imagine cooking for friends and family as they chat around the dining table – one of my favourite rooms in the house. The kitchen is fully equipped and has two windows and a high ceiling so it feels light and airy. To the left of the hallway is the lounge with a fireplace, huge picture window overlooking the garden and patio doors leading out on to the balcony/terrace - a wonderful place to sit, relax, read and enjoy the surrounding mountains and scenery.
FIRST FLOOR Climb the stairs to the first floor where you will find a:
• lovely landing area with wooden floors. The current owner has an office area with super views of the garden and driveway from the arched window
• spacious bedroom with wooden floor, two double glazed windows, a dressing room and a shower room. Patio doors from the dressing area lead out on to the large balcony.
• master bedroom with wooden floor, two double glazed windows, high ceiling and sliding doors either side of the bed. One opening into the dressing room (accessible from the bedroom and the landing area) and the other leading into the large bathroom with shower cubical, bath, wash basin and WC
• separate WC with wash basin and tiled floor
SECOND FLOOR Continue to climb the stairs to the second floor accommodation:
• Large bedroom with mezzanine. This is a super room for children with their own dressing room/storage area and a large shower room (shower cubicle and wash basin) and a separate WC
• Double bedroom with built-in wooden wardrobes
• Double or twin bedroom with its own wash basin. If you are considering using the property as a bed and breakfast, this floor would make ideal owner accommodation away from the guests leaving the two large bedrooms as luxury accommodation. There is a door leading up to the spacious attic floor of the house.
CELLAR Two double glazed doors provide access to the cellar from the lower garden as well as steps down from the entrance hallway of the house. In the garden to the side of the cellar doors is a wood store and a small storage area.
• Only 15 minutes and you are in Bagneres de Luchon where you will find:
• Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and cross country skiing
• Walking and hiking trails at all levels
• Mountains, rivers and lakes
• Cycling (mountain biking and Tour de France climbs)
• Paragliding, rafting and fishing
• Golf, tennis, climbing wall and Segways
• Restaurants/cafes/bars and shops
• Leisure airport where you can glide, take a flight in a small plane etc
• Cinema with English language films and casino
Luchon is a renowned spa resort with sulphurous hot springs, spa and swimming pool. From Luchon you can go over the Col de Portillon and cross into Spain and visit the pretty little village of Bossost and the new animal park where you can observe the different animals of the region in their natural habitat. This elegant property oozes character and does not fail to impress when you enter the grounds and steal your first view through the trees and down the driveway. Additional photographs provided by request.
Pyrenees - Haute Garonne Ski Area
The department of Haute-Garonne borders onto Spain in the south and forms part of the French Midi-Pyrénées region and is surrounded by the departments of Hautes-Pyrénées, Gers, Tarn-et-Garonne, Tarn, Aude, Ariège and the Val d’Aran in Spain.
The Garonne river rises from across from the Spanish border, descending for some 500km down through the Pyrénées mountains, via Toulouse into the Atlantic ocean at Bordeaux, leaving in its wake, beautiful lakes, powerful rapid waters and challenging peaks to explore.
In the summer, the region offers an amazing choice of activities including rafting, potholing, paragliding , climbing, golf, fishing, horse-riding, gliding, adventure parks, fabulous hikes, mountain bike and of course many Tour de France climbs for cyclists and bikers. Visitors are always amazed at the choice of activities, tourist attractions and friendly welcome on offer here right in the centre of the Pyrenees.
The proximity to Spain is a lovely extra little touch with the opportunity to experience two different cultures and sample the local tapas, sangria and rioja wine.
Toulouse is the main, international airport for the region, with daily flights to the UK and other European and long-haul destinations and Tarbes/Lourdes airport offers access in under an hour.
Motorway access to the villages is easy with routes from Bordeaux, Paris, Lyon and Marseille and you can also cruise overnight via ferry to Santander and Bilbao in Spain.
There is a choice of excellent ski resorts in the area catering for all abilities, including; Luchon Superbagneres (the second ski resort to open in France after Chamonix) with its excellent après-ski facilities. Imagine relaxing after a day’s skiing in the thermal spa, having a massage before enjoying a lovely meal with friends or even an English film at the little cinema in the centre of town! In 1854 Luchon received the title of "Queen of the Pyrenees" and it is easy to see why with its beautiful boulevard and impressive villas, spa, casino and mansions.
The resort of Le Mourtis is really geared towards families, looking for the facilities and activities that ensure their children are happy and entertained. Situated just 10km from St Beat, an historical Pyrenean village famous for its marble an just 5 minutes to the border of Spain.
If you’re a more advanced skier or snow-border, you will enjoy the resort of Peyragudes with its Vallee Blanche and fabulous snow record. You can drive to the resort or take advantage of the free bus from the centre of Luchon.
Bourg d’Oeuil is a charming small village nestling at the bottom of the Oueil valley and is the starting point for a variety of hiking trails. In Winter the village is a favourite for those looking to alpine ski and participate in snowshoeing.
And whilst here, why not sample skiing in Baqueira/Beret in Spain – a favourite with the Spanish Royal family.
Leggett have highly experienced Sales Agents who both live and work in the region and can provide you with invaluable advice and guidance to help you purchase your perfect property here in the heart of the beautiful Pyrenees mountains.
Contact us now and take advantage of our award winning buying service and start the search for your dream property today!
Superbagneres Ski Resort
Superbagneres resort is situated above Bagneres de Luchon, the “Queen of the Pyrenees” with an exceptional concentration of peaks over 3000m. The lift from the center of Luchon allows you to access the slopes of Superbagneres in just 8 minutes. Divided into 3 sectors, Superbagneres offers a wide variety of slopes and a spacious snow park.
Techous Sector is accessible from the gondola with gentle slopes and a KidiPark. This area is ideal for beginners and children and hosts the Glisses snowpark. Superbagners has introduced special access for beginners to this area allowing them to practice the rudiments of skiing.
Lake Sector offers blue and red runs for skiers in the heart of the forest. Super for beginners who are ready to progress from Techous and the baby slopes.
Céciré Sector is the highest part of the resort. It has long blue runs (including a 5km long piste) red and black runs, making this sector ideal for all skiers and, as a bonus, has unparalleled views of the Pyrenees.
In total, Superbagneres has 32 km of slopes including 4 green, 11 blue, 7 red and 6 black runs. There is a snow park, cross-country skiing area and places where you can toboggan. Every Wednesday the gondola stays open until 20.30 hours.
In addition to downhill skiing, visitors can experience other activities including paragliding and snow shoe walking. A new activity ”Airboard” has been introduced and is a popular choice with many visitors.
Luchon is a beautiful spa town and offers an abundance of shops, cafes, bars, restaurants, cinema, disco, casino and the famous spa with its underground natural caves and pool.
Toulouse – 97 miles
Tarbes/Lourdes – 69 miles
Carcassonne – 147 miles
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
Gaz à effet de serre
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES