€139,000 Mountain village house Le Mourtis
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Lesley Callaghan - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Pyrenees - Haute Garonne
- Ski Resort
- Le Mourtis
- Price / Ref
agency fees included: 7 % TTC to be paid by the buyer (€130,000 without fees)
- Beds / Bath
- 2 / 1
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 204 / 108
Characterful 18th century village house and barn situated in the heart of an historic Pyrenean village. Close to the Val d’Aran in Spain and near skiing, lakes, cycling routes and wonderful walks
- 15 minutes drive to ski resort
- Garage or covered parking.
This ancient village home is brimming with character and charm and includes a large barn which could be converted into additional accommodation. A perfect holiday or permanent home for anyone who loves the outdoors. A 2-minute walk to the bakers, cave, mini supermarket and other shops and services.
• 16-minute drive to Le Mourtis Ski Resort (11 km)
• 22-minute drive to Superbagneres Ski Resort (20 km)
• 45-minute drive to Peyragudes Ski Resort (35 km
• 50-minute drive to Baqueira/Beret in Spain (48 km)
This lovely traditional home was built in 1710 and was originally a small inn for hunters to stay when visiting the region. The house comes with a large barn/garage offering excellent potential for additional accommodation – a gite, two B&B rooms or a workshop.
HOUSE – GROUND FLOOR On entering the property, you find yourself in the lovely living room with:
• Double glazing
• Lovely floor to ceiling fixed cupboard (grand epoch design)
• Beautiful wooden fixed sideboard
• Exposed beams
• 13 kw new EDIL KAMIN pellet wood burner (large size that heats the property)
• Wooden mantel above the pellet burner and stone fireplace The living room has an opening to the original entrance hall with a door that opens on to the little lane (the current owners have insulated this as they do not use this entrance). Facing the door is the staircase leading up to the first floor and a cupboard hosting all the electricity controls). The staircase was renovated 3 years ago. A door leads from the living room into the large country style fully equipped kitchen with:
• Double glazed window with grille.
• Fitted units, washing machine, large oven
• Window looking out to the old chateau style chapel in the village
• Exposed beams A door from the kitchen opens into the shower room wash basin, towel heated radiator and new shower (June 2018). There is also an independent WC.
HOUSE - FIRST FLOOR Climb the stairs to the two spacious bedrooms. Bedroom 1 has:
• Wooden floor
• Window facing the chateau
• Second window facing the garage/barn
• Exposed beams Bedroom 2 is to the right of the staircase with:
• 3 built in cupboards (shelving and wardrobe hanging space)
• Marble fireplace
• Wooden floor
• Two windows overlooking the little village lane
• Wash basin
A door from the second bedroom leads up to the attic with two large rooms. Both the roof and floor of the attic have excellent insulation. Back to the living room, there is a door down to the basement with two rooms and a door that opens out to the exterior. The ceiling of the basement is insulated and there is a septic tank directly below the ground floor shower room in the basement. Between the house and the barn is a passage with flower pots and seating.
BARN - GROUND FLOOR Just at the side of the house is the barn. Large doors open into the spacious garage on the first floor with electricity and stairs up to the first floor. The garage has exposed beams and a cement floor. A door at the rear of the garage opens in the laundry room with tiled floor, VMC (ventilation system) sink (the owners actually have a new sink that can be fitted which they are leaving) To the side of the laundry room is the workshop/studio with tiled floor and a large window looking into the garage. These rooms are insulated.
BARN - FIRST FLOOR The first floor has a large open space which would make a super gite or two bed & breakfast rooms. There is electricity, a single glazed window and a wooden beamed ceiling The exterior of the barn has a pretty round window. There is a movement detector light outside the garage and additional communal parking facing the barn.
• Toulouse International Airport is just 1h 20 minutes by car and Tarbes/Lourdes airport just under 1h.
• The train station at Montrejeau is 20 minutes away
• The A64 motorway is just a 20 minute drive
In the immediate area, you have the following activities and amenities available to you:
• Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and cross country skiing
• Walking and hiking trails at all levels
• Mountains and lakes
• Cycling (cross country and Tour de France mountain passes)
• Paragliding, rafting, hunting and fishing
• Spas (Luchon and Lès in Spain)
• Shops, restaurants and historical sites The village of St Beat has shops, services, a bar, a doctors and physio plus a pharmacy and post office. The large Intermarche supermarket is just a 5-minute drive away and there are additional restaurants, shops and activities in the Val d’Aran in Spain just 10 minutes by car.
Pyrenees - Haute Garonne Ski Area
The department of Haute-Garonne borders onto Spain in the south and forms part of the French Midi-Pyrénées region and is surrounded by the departments of Hautes-Pyrénées, Gers, Tarn-et-Garonne, Tarn, Aude, Ariège and the Val d’Aran in Spain.
The Garonne river rises from across from the Spanish border, descending for some 500km down through the Pyrénées mountains, via Toulouse into the Atlantic ocean at Bordeaux, leaving in its wake, beautiful lakes, powerful rapid waters and challenging peaks to explore.
In the summer, the region offers an amazing choice of activities including rafting, potholing, paragliding , climbing, golf, fishing, horse-riding, gliding, adventure parks, fabulous hikes, mountain bike and of course many Tour de France climbs for cyclists and bikers. Visitors are always amazed at the choice of activities, tourist attractions and friendly welcome on offer here right in the centre of the Pyrenees.
The proximity to Spain is a lovely extra little touch with the opportunity to experience two different cultures and sample the local tapas, sangria and rioja wine.
Toulouse is the main, international airport for the region, with daily flights to the UK and other European and long-haul destinations and Tarbes/Lourdes airport offers access in under an hour.
Motorway access to the villages is easy with routes from Bordeaux, Paris, Lyon and Marseille and you can also cruise overnight via ferry to Santander and Bilbao in Spain.
There is a choice of excellent ski resorts in the area catering for all abilities, including; Luchon Superbagneres (the second ski resort to open in France after Chamonix) with its excellent après-ski facilities. Imagine relaxing after a day’s skiing in the thermal spa, having a massage before enjoying a lovely meal with friends or even an English film at the little cinema in the centre of town! In 1854 Luchon received the title of "Queen of the Pyrenees" and it is easy to see why with its beautiful boulevard and impressive villas, spa, casino and mansions.
The resort of Le Mourtis is really geared towards families, looking for the facilities and activities that ensure their children are happy and entertained. Situated just 10km from St Beat, an historical Pyrenean village famous for its marble an just 5 minutes to the border of Spain.
If you’re a more advanced skier or snow-border, you will enjoy the resort of Peyragudes with its Vallee Blanche and fabulous snow record. You can drive to the resort or take advantage of the free bus from the centre of Luchon.
Bourg d’Oeuil is a charming small village nestling at the bottom of the Oueil valley and is the starting point for a variety of hiking trails. In Winter the village is a favourite for those looking to alpine ski and participate in snowshoeing.
And whilst here, why not sample skiing in Baqueira/Beret in Spain – a favourite with the Spanish Royal family.
Leggett have highly experienced Sales Agents who both live and work in the region and can provide you with invaluable advice and guidance to help you purchase your perfect property here in the heart of the beautiful Pyrenees mountains.
Contact us now and take advantage of our award winning buying service and start the search for your dream property today!
Le Mourtis Ski Resort
Situated above Saint Beat, at the start of the Val d’Aran and only 1h 30 minutes from Toulouse, Le Mourtis is a family friendly ski resort. Located in the heart of a magnificent forest that is home to brown bears, deer and other small animals.
Le Mourtis has 23 km of pistes including 8 green, 5 blue, 5 red and 2 black runs ranging between 1380 m and 1816 m altitude. There are 13 lifts including 2 chair lifts and 2 rope tows, 2 ski schools (ESF and ESI) and a new snow park..
As a family friendly ski resort, children are well catered for at Le Mourtis. The nursery welcomes little ones and has a playroom, video and dormitory. Older children have their own club play space including 2 toboggan runs, 2 snow gardens, 4 lifts and the possibility of ski lessons.
In addition to downhill skiing, Le Mourtis also has 15 km of marked trails in the woods for cross-country skiing and 45 km of forest trails for snow shoeing . Mountain guides are available to take you on these trails if you wish. The resort also offers dog sleighing on a 5 km circuit.
At the foot of the slopes there are shops, restaurants, cafes, fitness area with a heated pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
Toulouse – 74 miles
Tarbes/Lourdes – 62 miles
Carcassonne – 124 miles
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
Gaz à effet de serre
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES