€787,000 Mountain village house Flumet
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Chris Cole - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Espace Diamant
- Ski Resort
- Price / Ref
agency fees to be paid by the seller
- Beds / Bath
- 9 / 7
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 1542 / 340
Beautifully restored 19th century farmhouse for sale in Héry-sur-Ugine, close to the Espace Diamant ski area. Superb craftsmanship throughout. An absolute must-see property!
- 15 minutes drive to ski resort
- Mountain views.
- Open parking belonging to the property.
- Balcony, terrace or garden providing an area large enough for dining.
This traditional Savoyard farmhouse has been carefully restored to an immaculate standard and offers enormous potential as a wonderful family home alongside additional holiday letting or gite accommodation. Further development is possible in the adjacent barn. With plenty of Alpine charm bursting from all 3 floors, the house is a spacious mountain chalet that has been divided into 3 self-contained and extremely well-equipped apartments. The property includes the original vaulted caves, a large barn, private parking, balconies on both the upper floors, and a large terrace and mature garden, with beautiful views over the Beaufortain and Aravis mountains. The house comprises 3 floors plus the basement caves.
The first apartment in the property measures 212m², covering the entire Ground Floor and part of the First Floor, as follows:
- Main entrance into bar area, leading to main sitting/dining room with log burner, exposed stonework and beautiful wood ceiling beams, total area 64m²
- Separate W.C. with washbasin
- Steps down to original vaulted storage caves (with separate external access for deliveries etc)
- Modern and well-equipped kitchen, with steps leading up to
- Sleeping area with one double bedroom, cabin/coin montagne with bunk beds, bathroom and separate W.C.
- Boiler room First Floor (accessed via internal staircase from Ground Floor or direct access from terrace on raised garden level)
- Stairs from Ground Floor lead to corridor with onward access to
- A double bedroom with adjoining cabin, ensuite shower-room and W.C.
- A double bedroom with ensuite shower-room and W.C.
- A master suite comprising two double bedrooms with one shower-room & W.C
- All three bedrooms are linked by balcony around the outside of the building, which also has an external staircase
- Raised garden level to rear of property with substantial decking/terrace area
The second apartment in the property measures 45m² and is located on the First Floor (accessed via external stairs to rear of property). This apartment offers independent, gite-style accommodation comprised as follows:
- Entrance into living/dining area and kitchen
- Two double bedrooms
- Shower-room & separate W.C.
The property's third apartment is located on the Second Floor (accessed via external stairs at front of property & internal stairs from First Floor main apartment) and is a spacious family apartment measuring 83m² of habitable space plus a further 20m² under the eaves, as follows:
- Beautiful open-plan living/dining area with log burner, breakfast bar, kitchen and sliding patio doors to balcony
- A double bedroom with Italian-style open shower and separate W.C.
- A double bedroom
- A bathroom with shower
- A separate W.C.
- A mezzanine level with space for a futon-style double mattress
The property has private parking space to the front and a large, mature garden to the rear, with views across the Gorges d’Arly towards the Beaufortain mountains. To the side of the house is the original barn (100m²).
The house is 2km from Héry-sur-Ugine. This is a small, sleepy hamlet perched on the hillside above the Gorges d’Arly. The nearest amenities are in Flumet (6km/8 minutes), Crest-Voland (8km/13 minutes) and Ugine (9km/16 minutes). Flumet and Crest-Voland both offer access to the Espace Diamant ski area. Héry’s own small ski slope is within walking distance of the farmhouse. Megève 16km, Albertville (closest train station) 22km, Annecy 47km, Chamonix 47km, Geneva Airport 94km, Lyon Airport 158km.
Espace Diamant Ski Area
This newly completed ski area is a hit. It brings together some of the prettiest ski resorts in the Alps, and when you’re floating around on the super light snow found in the area there is one word that sums up the experience of skiing this domain – scenery – it’s really pretty, it’s really stunning.
For much of the skiing you are under the watchful eye of Mont Blanc the highest peak in Western Europe, which provides a sensational backdrop to any activity. The snow record for this area is exemplary and opens from mid Dec to late April in spite of being a relatively low area; they call it the Mont Blanc effect. Snow seems to fall here when surrounding resorts are not being so lucky and many a time I’ve been over to find fresh thigh deep powder when all around are praying for snow.
It is made up of five resorts; Crest Voland Cohennoz, Flumet, Hautluce, Notre-dame de Bellecombe, Praz sur Arly and Les Saisies and most of these resorts have their own satellite villages and resorts such as Bisanne 1500 which, whilst it has its own lifts, is classified as part of Les Saisies.
The Espace Diamant has 185kms of marked piste; 31 green runs, 59 blues, 47 red and 11 black, so something for everyone and in addition 4 bordercross trails and 3 snowparks add to the ensemble. Because of the newness of the area the lift system is good and efficient.
This whole area is extremely good for families; it is not for the full on party animals but there is a pleasant vibe in these resorts. In the summer the place is absolutely stunning; incredible vistas and flower meadows take the breath away and it is a great place for all types of mountain adventures whether of the gourmet, relaxing kind or full on adrenalin kind!
Flumet Ski Resort
Perfect for family holidays, at just the right altitude between the Beaufortain et le Val d’Arly, close to the Mont Blanc area, the Espace Diamant is an extensive ski area with a variety of charming villages and beautiful panoramic views. Unspolit traditional villages and quality ski areas, the pistes are large and easily accessible, for all levels and especially good for families.
The Espace Diamant (Flumet, Praz-sur-Arly, Notre Dame de Bellecombe, Les Saisies and Crest-Voland Cohennoz) is the ideal spot for very varied skiing - go smoothly from one resort to another, from alpages to forests, from villages to summits, fun, easy and full of suprises.
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
Gaz à effet de serre
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES