€490,000 Ski Chalet Les Carroz
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Lisa O'Neill - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Le Grand Massif
- Ski Resort
- Les Carroz
- Price / Ref
agency fees to be paid by the seller
- Beds / Bath
- 8 / 4
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 2036 / 238
Chalet for sale, St Sigismond, Grand Massif. 5 bedrooms main chalet plus 2 additional apartments and further scope for development.
- Mountain views.
- Open parking belonging to the property.
- Golf course within 15 mins.
- Balcony, terrace or garden providing an area large enough for dining.
A spacious chalet with accommodation totalling 8 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, close to the Grand Massif ski slopes. Spectacular views over the Arve valley and delightful, level garden. Well insulated and maintained, sunny and light, underfloor heating, extensive storage. Great flexibility and potential at a very competitive price. The chalet is on three levels, with independent, 2-bedroom guest accommodation at garden level, the main living areas on the first and second floors, and an annex to the side containing further independent guest accommodation on two levels, with one bedroom.
- Independent guest accommodation with 2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen and shower room.
- Large garage (big enough for a LWB Renault Traffic).
- Workshop/laundry room/storage space.
- Bright, dual-aspect living/dining space with mountain views, fireplace and French doors to south-facing balcony.
- Kitchen with mountain views and French doors to balcony.
- Large, dual-aspect conservatory/garden room (27m2) with mountain and garden views.
- 2 bedrooms with built-in wardrobes.
- Shower room and separate WC.
- Large, south-facing master bedroom with built-in wardrobes.
- 2 further bedrooms.
- Family bathroom.
- Landing with spacious storage cupboards.
- Self-contained guest accommodation, with doors out on to wooden decking at upper garden level, and comprising:
- At ground level: living/dining area with American kitchen; shower room; built-in storage cupboard.
- At upper level: double bedroom.
- The chalet is solidly built, well maintained and economic to heat.
Situated in a peaceful, south-facing spot on the edge of the picturesque and authentic village of St Sigismond, it is surrounded by a level and fenced garden, with a lawn and attractive trees and shrubs. It is equidistant (8km) from the resort of Les Carroz, giving direct access to the 265 km of pistes in the Grand Massif ski domain, and from the town of Cluses on the A40 autoroute, with its full range of shops, services and railway station. The area’s sunny orientation and natural beauty give it year-round appeal and in summer it is popular with walkers, mountain-bikers and lovers of all kinds of Alpine activities. This one of the most accessible Alpine locations from anywhere in Europe: 70km from Geneva Airport, which is less than an hour away via the A40, and only 77km from Italy via the Mont Blanc tunnel.
This property represents great value for money. In a superb location, it is equally suitable for year-round occupation or for use as a second home. Its two independent apartments offer excellent accommodation flexibility, as well as significant income-generating potential.
Le Grand Massif Ski Area
The Grand Massif ski region incorporates the ski resorts of Morillon, Samoeons, Flaine, Clusaz, Sixt and Les Carroz.
The Samoëns ski area offers a varied playground accessible to all. For expert skiers there are black and red pistes at the top of the resort and a vast off-piste area to indulge your enthusiasm. Beginners will improve on the lower, more gentle blue and green slopes which were entirely re-designed in 2003. Small children are welcomed at the children's ski area (jardin d´enfants) at the top of the Grand Massif Express cable car.
At 2 500 m, the summit of the Grandes Platières... A breathtakingly beautiful landscape. Mont Blanc seems to be just a couple of steps away, so impressive is its presence. The Désert de Platé, a vast snowy territory with a unique geological curiosity; a genuine stone glacier over 40 million years old!
Flaine offers wide open spaces with 140 km of pistes of all levels, marked and made safe. Just a few oases where you can eat and drink punctuate the landscape which is otherwise an untouched natural space.
Morillon is the perfect place to enjoy relaxed snowsports with the whole family, in welcoming and authentic natural surroundings. Among the 72 pistes of the Grand Massif, Marvel, the beautiful green run is a must for those who wish to combine the pleasure of skiing with the discovery of local fauna, as explained on the information boards along the edge of the piste. It even has a local hero… Did you know that Morillon is the home of Antoine Dénériaz, the 2006 Olympic downhill champion ?
Les Carroz Ski Resort
Les Carroz set at 1150m is a brilliant gateway into the Grand Massif ski region with 265kms of slopes, ranging from breezy wide open ones to technical and challenging ones. The area is exhilarating with spectacular scenery over the Mont Blanc region.
The village has a good choice of shops and restaurants, a heated outdoor pool (new for 2012), an 18 hole golf course and slightly further afield the Giffre gorge and river host to white water rafting, canyoning, kayaking and rock climbing. Also on the doorstep for the warmer months, there is also hangliding, parapenting, mountain biking down mountain trails and if you’re looking for a little lower key, there is the nearby lake and pool for bathing and swimming.
Other highlights include the ever-changing waterfall of Rouget, the Botanical Gardens in Samoens and the stunning Sixt Fer a Cheval National Park. Les Carroz is on the rise with projects in the pipeline and won’t be too long before this Savoyarde village becomes an unguarded secret.
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
Gaz à effet de serre
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES