€199,000 Mountain village house Le Mourtis
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Carole McGregor - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Pyrenees - Haute Garonne
- Ski Resort
- Le Mourtis
- Price / Ref
agency fees included: 7 % TTC to be paid by the buyer (€186,000 without fees)
- Beds / Bath
- 4 / 2
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 16453 / 122
Private detached house close to mountain activities, shops and services plus an additional piece of land (13453m2)
- 15 minutes drive to ski resort
- Open fireplace.
- Mountain views.
- Garage or covered parking.
- Balcony, terrace or garden providing an area large enough for dining.
4-bedroom house in a private and quiet location overlooking the village with lovely views of the mountains and only 15 minutes from Bagneres de Luchon, the “Queen of the Pyrenees”. For sale with the house is a separate piece of land with building permission measuring 13,453 m2 (over 3 acres). Easy access from the motorway (25 minutes) and only 1h20 to Toulouse Airport and 1hr to Tarbes/Lourdes airport.
• 19-minute drive to Superbagneres Ski Resort (16 km)
• 23-minute drive to Le Mourtis Ski Resort (15 km)
• 42-minute drive to Peyragudes Ski Resort (30 km)
• Views of the surrounding mountains
Situated high above the village of Cierp Gaud, this detached home has lots of possibilities. The accommodation is currently split to provide a separate annexe with two bedrooms which would make a perfect holiday rental or family annexe (for parents or friends coming to visit) but could very easily be combined again to form a large permanent or second home. There is a lovely large, enclosed garden with superb views, a garden shed and small vegetable plot. On one side of the house is a boiler room (ideal for storing outside garden equipment etc) and on the other side a car port. The accommodation is just on the ground floor, however this has a split level making it a more interesting design and consists of:
• 3 double bedrooms
• Plus 1 slightly smaller bedroom currently used as an office
• Living area (1) – this is a large room with a spacious dining room and sitting area. Patio doors open out on to the rear garden with views of the mountains and woods. There is a corner fireplace with an ‘insert’ wood fire. Original parquet flooring
• Living area (2) – this is a tastefully decorated room with a wood burning stove, beautiful fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Patio doors open out on to the rear garden. The ceiling has exposed beans which have been decorated to create a country-kitchen feature
• There is a second separate kitchen in the main property in need of refurbishment
• Shower room (1) is in the ‘annexe’ part of the property and has a shower, wash basin and WC
• Shower room (2) is in the main house and is useable but would benefit from modernisation
• Separate WC
• Little staircase leading up from the annexe to a small corridor providing entry into the main house and bedrooms
• The main entrance into the house leads into a large hallway with doors into each of the different rooms
• The annexe has a separate entrance with a small hallway (with a recess for the washing machine and access to a little ‘cave’ with the water heater and storage for wine
• Boiler room
• Car port
• Garden Shed
The annexe is beautifully decorated and ready to move in. The main house is habitable but the kitchen and shower room would benefit from refurbishment. In addition, the owner is including a large plot of land within sight of the property (over 3 acres) with building permission.
REGION Situated in a little village in the heart of the Midi Pyrenees, the property is in a superb location to access all the region has to offer:
• Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and cross country skiing
• Walking and hiking trails at all levels
• Mountains and lakes
• Cycling (cross country and Tour de France mountain passes)
• Paragliding, rafting, horse-riding and fishing
• Animal park, adventure park
• Spas (Luchon and Lès in Spain)
• Shops, restaurants and historical sites
• And more …..
Access to the village is excellent:
• 20 minutes to the motorway
• 5 minutes to the local train station (it is possible to take public transport to Toulouse airport if required)
• 90 minutes to Toulouse airport
• 1 hour to Tarbes/Lourdes airport
• 10 minutes to Spain (large choice of restaurants and shops)
• 1 km to nearest large supermarket
• Post office, hairdresser, doctor, dentist, bakers, bars/restaurant all available in the village itself
A super price for a detached 4-bedroom home with a large plot of land with building permission.
Pyrenees - Haute Garonne Ski Area
The department of Haute-Garonne borders onto Spain in the south and forms part of the French Midi-Pyrénées region and is surrounded by the departments of Hautes-Pyrénées, Gers, Tarn-et-Garonne, Tarn, Aude, Ariège and the Val d’Aran in Spain.
The Garonne river rises from across from the Spanish border, descending for some 500km down through the Pyrénées mountains, via Toulouse into the Atlantic ocean at Bordeaux, leaving in its wake, beautiful lakes, powerful rapid waters and challenging peaks to explore.
In the summer, the region offers an amazing choice of activities including rafting, potholing, paragliding , climbing, golf, fishing, horse-riding, gliding, adventure parks, fabulous hikes, mountain bike and of course many Tour de France climbs for cyclists and bikers. Visitors are always amazed at the choice of activities, tourist attractions and friendly welcome on offer here right in the centre of the Pyrenees.
The proximity to Spain is a lovely extra little touch with the opportunity to experience two different cultures and sample the local tapas, sangria and rioja wine.
Toulouse is the main, international airport for the region, with daily flights to the UK and other European and long-haul destinations and Tarbes/Lourdes airport offers access in under an hour.
Motorway access to the villages is easy with routes from Bordeaux, Paris, Lyon and Marseille and you can also cruise overnight via ferry to Santander and Bilbao in Spain.
There is a choice of excellent ski resorts in the area catering for all abilities, including; Luchon Superbagneres (the second ski resort to open in France after Chamonix) with its excellent après-ski facilities. Imagine relaxing after a day’s skiing in the thermal spa, having a massage before enjoying a lovely meal with friends or even an English film at the little cinema in the centre of town! In 1854 Luchon received the title of "Queen of the Pyrenees" and it is easy to see why with its beautiful boulevard and impressive villas, spa, casino and mansions.
The resort of Le Mourtis is really geared towards families, looking for the facilities and activities that ensure their children are happy and entertained. Situated just 10km from St Beat, an historical Pyrenean village famous for its marble an just 5 minutes to the border of Spain.
If you’re a more advanced skier or snow-border, you will enjoy the resort of Peyragudes with its Vallee Blanche and fabulous snow record. You can drive to the resort or take advantage of the free bus from the centre of Luchon.
Bourg d’Oeuil is a charming small village nestling at the bottom of the Oueil valley and is the starting point for a variety of hiking trails. In Winter the village is a favourite for those looking to alpine ski and participate in snowshoeing.
And whilst here, why not sample skiing in Baqueira/Beret in Spain – a favourite with the Spanish Royal family.
Leggett have highly experienced Sales Agents who both live and work in the region and can provide you with invaluable advice and guidance to help you purchase your perfect property here in the heart of the beautiful Pyrenees mountains.
Contact us now and take advantage of our award winning buying service and start the search for your dream property today!
Le Mourtis Ski Resort
Situated above Saint Beat, at the start of the Val d’Aran and only 1h 30 minutes from Toulouse, Le Mourtis is a family friendly ski resort. Located in the heart of a magnificent forest that is home to brown bears, deer and other small animals.
Le Mourtis has 23 km of pistes including 8 green, 5 blue, 5 red and 2 black runs ranging between 1380 m and 1816 m altitude. There are 13 lifts including 2 chair lifts and 2 rope tows, 2 ski schools (ESF and ESI) and a new snow park..
As a family friendly ski resort, children are well catered for at Le Mourtis. The nursery welcomes little ones and has a playroom, video and dormitory. Older children have their own club play space including 2 toboggan runs, 2 snow gardens, 4 lifts and the possibility of ski lessons.
In addition to downhill skiing, Le Mourtis also has 15 km of marked trails in the woods for cross-country skiing and 45 km of forest trails for snow shoeing . Mountain guides are available to take you on these trails if you wish. The resort also offers dog sleighing on a 5 km circuit.
At the foot of the slopes there are shops, restaurants, cafes, fitness area with a heated pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
Toulouse – 74 miles
Tarbes/Lourdes – 62 miles
Carcassonne – 124 miles
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
Gaz à effet de serre
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES