€294,000 Mountain village house Le Mourtis
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Carole McGregor - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Pyrenees - Haute Garonne
- Ski Resort
- Le Mourtis
- Price / Ref
agency fees included: 5 % TTC to be paid by the buyer (€280,000 without fees)
- Beds / Bath
- 8 / 4
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 3565 / 212
Super B&B, 2 gites & business opportunity in an ideal location for all outdoor activities. Fabulous views & 3565m2 land
- 30 minutes drive to ski resort
- Open fireplace.
- Mountain views.
- Balcony, terrace or garden providing an area large enough for dining.
B&B’s do not often come on the market. This is a great opportunity to have a lovely home and business in the heart of the Pyrenees, close to all outdoor activities. The main house has 5 bedrooms (2 have been used to create a B&B suite with its own separate entrance and balcony). The other three are owner accommodation. The gites both have two bedrooms, a living area with open fire, kitchen, shower room, separate WC and a little terrace with garden furniture. There is ample parking for all guests. The current owners wish to retire hence placing this wonderful property on the market.
• 28 minute drive to Le Mourtis Ski Resort (22 km)
• 28 minute drive to Superbagneres Ski Resort (24 km)
• View of the mountains
This fully operational B&B and Gite business is ideally situated, in the heart of the Pyrenees and close to all the activities and attractions in the area. It is easy to reach being just 15 minutes to the station at Montrejeau, 10 minutes to the motorway, and just over an hour to Toulouse airport. The property has a gated entrance from the road, ideal for publicity and for attracting guests who are looking for somewhere to stay. The entrance opens onto land that could be used for camping cars. A private road and drive leads up to the owner house/bed and breakfast and the two independent gites.
MAIN HOUSE/BED AND BREAKFAST
Ground floor - There is a small terrace at the front of the property with seating and views of the surrounding mountains. A small storage area is situated just to the right of the terrace, perfect for storing gas bottles and outdoor footwear. Patio doors open into this lovely bright, large living room/dining area with tiled floor and a lovely fireplace with insert. A perfect place for guest to take breakfast with you. A second patio doors opens onto a covered wooden terrace area, a lovely place to sit and read, relax and have meals. There is a WC independent with a small wash basin and storage just at the side of the spiral staircase leading up to the first and second floors. An open archway leads in to the fully fitted kitchen, again with tiled floor. There is a large pantry and storage room to the left of the kitchen.
First floor – The spiral staircase opens onto the owner accommodation comprising:
• Beautiful large shower room tiled shower unit and floor. There is a floor to ceiling cupboard with sliding door for storing towels and toiletries.
• WC independent
• Bedroom with floor to ceiling, built-in wardrobe with sliding doors and ceiling beams.
The guest suite is also on the first floor and consists of a:
• Beautiful double bedroom with lovely décor and a door through to the private shower room
• Fully tiled shower room with beamed ceiling, a shower, wash basin with wooden furniture and a wall dividing the WC.
• Guest lounge, again with beamed ceiling and a beautiful view of the mountains.
The guest accommodation has a door to the hallway which can be locked, separating these rooms from the owner accommodation. The guest suite has a separate entrance via the private balcony, again with beautiful views – a perfect place to relax after a day exploring the region. It would be possible to have two guest rooms on this floor and move the owner accommodation up to the second floor.
Second floor – This floor has two rooms, currently used as an office and a laundry room. There is a small hallway for additional storage.
GITES All the furniture in both gites is included in the price of the property. Each gite has steps leading up to a private terrace area with garden furniture.
Gite 1 has a:
• Kitchen with units, oven, fridge/freezer and sink.
• Little utility/laundry room
• Archway into the living room (lounge/dining room) with tiled floor and wooden ceiling. This room has a lovely fireplace which, in Winter, heats the entire gite. It is possible to have a sofa bed in this room
• Corridor leading to the 2nd bedroom and shower room.
• Shower room with tiled walls and floor and a shower and wash basin.
• WC independent.
• 2 bedrooms.
Gite 2 has a:
• Living room (lounge/dining are) and fireplace, again perfect in Winter for heating the entire gite
• Equipped kitchen with washing machine, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and tiled floor.
• 2 bedrooms (one with fitted wardrobe)
• Corridor with cupboard
• Shower room (shower, wash basin)
• WC independent
• Small lobby at the rear.
• Canopy over the terrace for shade
• Garage underneath the gite with a wine cave.
ABRI/WORKSHOP There is a workshop/outbuilding consisting of a:
• Small room with tiled floor used for storage
• Workshop/craft area with tiled floor
• Outside covered area
• Small barbecue area
• Large workshop
EXTERIOR At the side of the main house is a wood store. Each gite has a water container to capture rainwater All the land is part of the property from the entrance at the bottom, the little road/driveway, the garden and the parking. There is a ‘right of way’ to the little house to the rear of the property. External parking for guest cars.
REGION The lovely property is in a perfect location with easy access to
• Local train station (near Montrejeau)
• Motorway (Junction 17 – Montrejeau)
• Garonne river
• Pretty historical villages
• Larger towns such as Montrejeau and Saint Gaudens
• Beautiful countryside and mountains
• Supermarkets The following attractions/activities are close to the house:
• Downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and cross country skiing
• Walking and hiking trails at all levels
• Mountains and lakes
• Cycling (mountain biking and Tour de France climbs)
• Paragliding, rafting, fishing and hunting
• A renowned spa resort in Bagneres de Luchon with sulphurous hot springs, spa and swimming pool
• Shops, cinema, restaurants and historical sites
• Spanish border just 30 minutes away where you can enjoy tapas for lunch
• St Bertrand de Comminges with its famous cathedral
This is an ideal opportunity to purchase a successful business with regular clientele and lovely reviews. You can simply move in and start to welcome your guests straight away. The owners have enjoyed being hosts but now wish to retire and are willing to share their expertise, knowledge and guests with the new owners. An excellent price for three properties in a secluded and peaceful location.
Pyrenees - Haute Garonne Ski Area
The department of Haute-Garonne borders onto Spain in the south and forms part of the French Midi-Pyrénées region and is surrounded by the departments of Hautes-Pyrénées, Gers, Tarn-et-Garonne, Tarn, Aude, Ariège and the Val d’Aran in Spain.
The Garonne river rises from across from the Spanish border, descending for some 500km down through the Pyrénées mountains, via Toulouse into the Atlantic ocean at Bordeaux, leaving in its wake, beautiful lakes, powerful rapid waters and challenging peaks to explore.
In the summer, the region offers an amazing choice of activities including rafting, potholing, paragliding , climbing, golf, fishing, horse-riding, gliding, adventure parks, fabulous hikes, mountain bike and of course many Tour de France climbs for cyclists and bikers. Visitors are always amazed at the choice of activities, tourist attractions and friendly welcome on offer here right in the centre of the Pyrenees.
The proximity to Spain is a lovely extra little touch with the opportunity to experience two different cultures and sample the local tapas, sangria and rioja wine.
Toulouse is the main, international airport for the region, with daily flights to the UK and other European and long-haul destinations and Tarbes/Lourdes airport offers access in under an hour.
Motorway access to the villages is easy with routes from Bordeaux, Paris, Lyon and Marseille and you can also cruise overnight via ferry to Santander and Bilbao in Spain.
There is a choice of excellent ski resorts in the area catering for all abilities, including; Luchon Superbagneres (the second ski resort to open in France after Chamonix) with its excellent après-ski facilities. Imagine relaxing after a day’s skiing in the thermal spa, having a massage before enjoying a lovely meal with friends or even an English film at the little cinema in the centre of town! In 1854 Luchon received the title of "Queen of the Pyrenees" and it is easy to see why with its beautiful boulevard and impressive villas, spa, casino and mansions.
The resort of Le Mourtis is really geared towards families, looking for the facilities and activities that ensure their children are happy and entertained. Situated just 10km from St Beat, an historical Pyrenean village famous for its marble an just 5 minutes to the border of Spain.
If you’re a more advanced skier or snow-border, you will enjoy the resort of Peyragudes with its Vallee Blanche and fabulous snow record. You can drive to the resort or take advantage of the free bus from the centre of Luchon.
Bourg d’Oeuil is a charming small village nestling at the bottom of the Oueil valley and is the starting point for a variety of hiking trails. In Winter the village is a favourite for those looking to alpine ski and participate in snowshoeing.
And whilst here, why not sample skiing in Baqueira/Beret in Spain – a favourite with the Spanish Royal family.
Leggett have highly experienced Sales Agents who both live and work in the region and can provide you with invaluable advice and guidance to help you purchase your perfect property here in the heart of the beautiful Pyrenees mountains.
Contact us now and take advantage of our award winning buying service and start the search for your dream property today!
Le Mourtis Ski Resort
Situated above Saint Beat, at the start of the Val d’Aran and only 1h 30 minutes from Toulouse, Le Mourtis is a family friendly ski resort. Located in the heart of a magnificent forest that is home to brown bears, deer and other small animals.
Le Mourtis has 23 km of pistes including 8 green, 5 blue, 5 red and 2 black runs ranging between 1380 m and 1816 m altitude. There are 13 lifts including 2 chair lifts and 2 rope tows, 2 ski schools (ESF and ESI) and a new snow park..
As a family friendly ski resort, children are well catered for at Le Mourtis. The nursery welcomes little ones and has a playroom, video and dormitory. Older children have their own club play space including 2 toboggan runs, 2 snow gardens, 4 lifts and the possibility of ski lessons.
In addition to downhill skiing, Le Mourtis also has 15 km of marked trails in the woods for cross-country skiing and 45 km of forest trails for snow shoeing . Mountain guides are available to take you on these trails if you wish. The resort also offers dog sleighing on a 5 km circuit.
At the foot of the slopes there are shops, restaurants, cafes, fitness area with a heated pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
Toulouse – 74 miles
Tarbes/Lourdes – 62 miles
Carcassonne – 124 miles
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
Gaz à effet de serre
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES