** UNDER OFFER ** €346,000 Mountain village house Le Semnoz
** UNDER OFFER **
- Click here for floorplans
- Your Agent
- Max Ashton - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Massif des Bauges
- Ski Resort
- Le Semnoz
- Price / Ref
agency fees to be paid by the seller
- Beds / Bath
- 3 / 1
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 800 / 174
Tastefully renovated farm house near Annecy, great mountain activities and panoramic views over the Massif des Bauges
- 10 minutes drive to ski resort
- Mountain views.
- Open parking belonging to the property.
- Balcony, terrace or garden providing an area large enough for dining.
Character filled farmhouse dating from 1794. Beautifully renovated with old timbers and original features. Cosy yet spacious living area, 3 or 4 bedrooms with a surprising 20 covers dining/entertaining room on the ground floor and 128m2 of loft space with planning consent to convert into separate living accomodation.
When you enter this house with its commanding views over the Massif des Bauges, you find yourself in the warmth of a farmhouse kitchen complete with log burning stove. Up a few steps you enter a cosy living room with bags of character. In fact the whole renovation has retained wonderful period features giving it a great mountain get-away feel. The main floor continues with 2 double bedrooms plus a walk in dressing room, which is easily big enough for another bedroom or home office. Nicely done shower room with a separate toilet positioned between the bedrooms.
• Kitchen/diner – 36m2 with wood burning stove and big range cooker
• Living room – 22m2 with open fireplace
• Bedroom 1 – 11.33m2 with revealed stonework
• Dressing room – 9.2m2
• Shower room – 6.33m2
• WC with sink – 3m2 suitable to add a shower if required
• Bedroom 2 – 11.27m2 Upstairs from the kitchen you arrive onto a sizeable mezzanine, currently used as an addition TV/games room that leads to a large double bedroom.
• TV/Games room – 15.72m2 but 13m2 floor area allowing for stairs
• Bedroom 3 – 15.77m2
So in conclusion the house is well appointed and you could move in straight away with no work required.
And now the property gets interesting! On the ground floor you have the normal cellars with oil fired central heating boiler, laundry and a lovely wine cellar. During the renovation the entire cellar was dug out and had drainage fitted making it perfect for dry storage. Next comes the old cow byre, which at 44m2 (8.25m x 5.4m) spans the entire width of the building with entrance doors at either end. Retaining all the original wood work, mangers etc, it has been beautifully renovated and currently is set up as a dining room with tables and chairs for 20 diners. I was immediately reminded of a Sunday lunch dining club I once went to in Provence. It was very popular with those in the know and a fabulous experience. To make sense of such a great entertainment room, we now come to the loft space. Accessible from the track rising up behind the property, it’s a completely open barn, roughly 128m2 (16m x 8m), with planning permission to build 4 bedrooms, all potentially en-suite. The architects’ plans allow for either private access from the track behind or via steps up half a level from the mezzanine in the main house.
• 22 kms from lake Annecy
• 11 kms from skiing at Le Semnoz
• 19 kms from skiing at Aillon/Margeriaz or La Feclaz/Grand Revard
• Directly on the Tour du Bauges cycle route and the 2013 Tour de France route
• 5 kms maximum from local shops, restaurants, amenities, swimming lake etc
• Directly next to a successful Gites de France and could easily generate significant revenue from mountain activity holidays year round.
Massif des Bauges Ski Area
Le Semnoz Ski Resort
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
Gaz à effet de serre
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES