€455,000 Mountain village house Aillons Margeriaz
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Click here for floorplans
- Your Agent
- Max Ashton - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Massif des Bauges
- Ski Resort
- Aillons Margeriaz
- Price / Ref
agency fees to be paid by the seller
- Beds / Bath
- 5 / 2
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 2800 / 210
NB Now under offer* Substantial detached farmhouse and barns with mountain views close to Annecy in the Massif des Bauges national park. Located in a quiet and sunny hamlet in walking distance of the outdoor leisure park at Lescheraines and only 10 minu
- 10 minutes drive to ski resort
- Mountain views.
- Garage or covered parking.
- Open parking belonging to the property.
- Balcony, terrace or garden providing an area large enough for dining.
Here’s a great chance to buy a typical Bauges farm, combining house, barn and outbuildings. Situated in a very pleasant and sought after hamlet this property has the space to do whatever you want. The house is renovated to a reasonable standard and already offers 210m2 (2260 sq.ft) of living accommodation, including a stand alone 1 bed apartment on the ground floor. The attached barn is big enough to convert into another complete house. Add to that an enormous wooden barn with character and a large flat garden and you could easily create your own empire or year round holiday centre.
10 minutes from the Aillon Margeriaz ski resort and 5 minutes from local amenities. As a Bauges farm renovation specialist, I cannot overstate the enormous potential with this farm. The inside is a moveable feast, which can be reconfigured as you like to create great living spaces with minimal effort. Adding a couple of balconies and enlarging windows in the living rooms for example would open up stunning mountain views. Various additional storage rooms are each impressively big and provide easy conversion opportunities. Fancy a home cinema for 20 people? No problem. Full size snooker table? No problem. Create an additional 5 bedroom rentable gite in the barn? No problem.
• 1 bedroom apartment with kitchen/diner, shower room, toilet, separate entrance plus optional stairs to main house
• Entrance and stairs to main house
• Large laundry/utility room
• Boiler room with wood fired boiler, secondary gas boiler and a massive 800L hot water tank
• Garage with internal access
• Barn entrance/Stables
• Large storage room with window which could easily be habitable
• Kitchen with balcony
• Rustic Savoyard dining room
• 2 living rooms which could easily be joined together
• Double bedroom
• Shower room
• Separate WC
• Stairs down to apartment
Second Floor/Attic space
• 3 good sized double bedrooms with large velux windows and mountain views
• Bathroom with Shower
• Separate toilet
• Large boarded attic room to convert with existing windows in the gable end facing the Margeriaz ski resort (balcony potential)
• Second large boarded attic with velux windows easily converted into a bedroom suite or apartment with full services
The integrated barn
Huge cathedral space with hayloft. Original wood structure and timbers built over solid stone walls on the ground floor. All in excellent condition. Traditional, aged, planked sides in good condition and perfect for a wood frame modern insulated construction. Freedom to get creative
The detached barn
Lovely wooden barn with covered parking for 2 cars, workshop, wood store and another garage big enough to store your tractor or any other prized vehicles
Second floor with, yes you’ve guessed it – more extensive storage. Water and electricity on site so if you were running out of space you could always convert it into more accommodation?
Roughly flat site of around 2800m2 total.
Large garden with open views backing on to fields
Vegetable garden and fruit trees
Carport for 2 cars or covered outside dining area with nice wisteria
Tarmac hard standing and parking for numerous cars
Just in case you felt the need to expand your empire further, the garden apparently also has planning consent.
Perfect location in the centre of the stunning Massif des Bauges national park. Great for cycling, walking, skiing. 25 kms from Lake Annecy, 30kms from Aix-les-Bains. 1hr from Geneva airport. A few minutes from shops and amenities including the fantastic Plan D’Eau swimming lake, tennis courts, acro-branch tree course, bars, restaurants within walking distance. All other mountain activities available including via ferrata, canyoning, climbing, hunting, fishing plus of course the Aillon-Margeriaz ski resort just 10 minutes away.
Whether you have the largest extended family in the world or want to start a year round activity holiday or letting business, this is the property for you. If the development of the farm sounds daunting, feel free to draw on my renovation experience and relations with reliable local artisans.
Massif des Bauges Ski Area
Aillons Margeriaz Ski Resort
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
Gaz à effet de serre
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES