€525,000 House Morillon
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Simon Airey - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Le Grand Massif
- Ski Resort
- Price / Ref
agency fees included: 6 % TTC to be paid by the buyer (€495,284 without fees)
- Beds / Bath
- 5 / 3
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 1550 / 197
Marignier, Arve Valley. Architect-designed 5-bedroom house for sale. Superb views. Rapid access to 6 major ski areas.
- 30 minutes drive to ski resort
- Open fireplace.
- Mountain views.
- Garage or covered parking.
- Open parking belonging to the property.
- Golf course within 30 minutes.
- Balcony, terrace or garden providing an area large enough for dining.
Detached family home, built in 1986 by the current owners to a high specification and meticulously maintained.
In an elevated, south-facing position with fabulous views across the Arve valley to the mountains beyond. 56 kms (45 mins) from Geneva airport and only 18kms from skiing in the Grand Massif.
This is a high-quality property, built for durability and comfort, and designed to make the most of its excellent position. The wide-ranging, south-facing views can be enjoyed both through the picture windows in the main living space and the spacious adjoining balcony – and hawks and buzzards cruise past at eye-level.
Very well insulated, the house has a variety of energy- and labour-saving features such as underfloor heating, central suction and a low-maintenenance garden. An independent, 1-bedroom apartment at ground-floor level offers both accommodation flexibility and income-generation potential. Shops, supermarkets and a railway station are close by in Marignier (2 km), but the sub-prefectural town of Bonneville is also only 10 km away, with its additional range of services and facilities, including the largest swimming pool complex in Haute Savoie.
- Spacious, tiled entrance hall with stairs to main living area on first floor.
- Integral garage with tiled floor and remote-controlled up-and-over door.
- 32m2 workshop with tiled floor and double window, easily adaptable for other purposes.
- Laundry room
- Independent, 1-bedroom apartment with American kitchen and shower room
- L-shaped living and dining space: picture windows with views of valley and mountains; 2 sets of double French doors to outside terrace and south-facing balcony; underfloor heating; insert fireplace; wall-mounted air conditioning unit; fitted wooden library/storage units.
- Kitchen with fitted wooden storage units, gas hob, extractor fan, eye-level oven, fitted dishwasher, breakfast bar, double French doors to outside terrace
- Guest bedroom with ensuite shower room
- Separate WC
- Spacious master bedroom (17m2) with built-in storage cupboards, double French doors to west-facing balcony, wall-mounted air conditioning unit and door to adjoining (en suite) bathroom.
- Bathroom with full-size bath, overhead and hand showers, twin washbasins, two windows, dressing table and WC. Doors to master bedroom and landing.
- Two further bedrooms, one currently used as an office.
Marignier is a small Alpine town at the confluence of the Rivers Arve and Giffre, 36 km from Geneva, dominated by one of the area’s landmark mountains, Le Môle (1863m). Today, near the A40 autoroute and on the railway, it remains ideally situated for easy access to Annecy, Geneva and all the resorts of the northern Alps.
The easy and rapid commute to Geneva make it an especially popular place of residence for people working over the border. The property is set amid the surrounding picturesque countryside, which is a paradise for walkers and cyclists, and where vines are also cultivated. This is an ideal home for those who work in Geneva, or who want to live in the Alps and enjoy skiing variety without being in a resort. House prices here are significantly lower than in the major Alpine resorts nearby.
Le Grand Massif Ski Area
The Grand Massif ski region incorporates the ski resorts of Morillon, Samoeons, Flaine, Clusaz, Sixt and Les Carroz.
The Samoëns ski area offers a varied playground accessible to all. For expert skiers there are black and red pistes at the top of the resort and a vast off-piste area to indulge your enthusiasm. Beginners will improve on the lower, more gentle blue and green slopes which were entirely re-designed in 2003. Small children are welcomed at the children's ski area (jardin d´enfants) at the top of the Grand Massif Express cable car.
At 2 500 m, the summit of the Grandes Platières... A breathtakingly beautiful landscape. Mont Blanc seems to be just a couple of steps away, so impressive is its presence. The Désert de Platé, a vast snowy territory with a unique geological curiosity; a genuine stone glacier over 40 million years old!
Flaine offers wide open spaces with 140 km of pistes of all levels, marked and made safe. Just a few oases where you can eat and drink punctuate the landscape which is otherwise an untouched natural space.
Morillon is the perfect place to enjoy relaxed snowsports with the whole family, in welcoming and authentic natural surroundings. Among the 72 pistes of the Grand Massif, Marvel, the beautiful green run is a must for those who wish to combine the pleasure of skiing with the discovery of local fauna, as explained on the information boards along the edge of the piste. It even has a local hero… Did you know that Morillon is the home of Antoine Dénériaz, the 2006 Olympic downhill champion ?
Morillon Ski Resort
The unspoilt and picturesque village of Morillon nestles in the Giffre Valley, close to the beautiful, historic town of Samoëns, in the centre of the Grand Massif ski area.
There is plenty to do all year round in this region with its stunning scenery, trails for biking, hiking and riding. The extensive Grand Massif where the high altitudes of the Flaine bowl provide guaranteed great conditions both early winter and spring.The skiable domain of the Grand massif is 265 km long served by 73 ski-lifts, high-tech equipments, a real skiing access to Flaine, Samoëns, Les Carroz and Sixt.
The village has several bars and restaurants plus ski hire available. The village is a short drive away or a 15 minute walk. The international airport at Geneva is just 45 minutes away by car with good local road links.
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
Gaz à effet de serre
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES