€1,450,000 Ski Chalet Samoens
- Virtual Tour
- Click here for virtual tour
- Your Agent
- Simon Airey - View Portfolio
- Contact Tel
- 08700 11 51 51 (UK only) 00 33 553 608 488 (Other)
- Contact Email
- Ask us any question about this property
- Ski Area
- Le Grand Massif
- Ski Resort
- Price / Ref
agency fees to be paid by the seller
- Beds / Bath
- 5 / 5
- Land M2 / Hab M2
- 710 / 330
Chalet for sale near Samoëns. Luxury mountain retreat of exceptional quality, style and character, 1 hour from Geneva.
- 10 minutes drive to ski resort
- Mountain views.
- Open parking belonging to the property.
- Golf course within 15 mins.
- Balcony, terrace or garden providing an area large enough for dining.
Outstanding character farm conversion, in serene, secluded hamlet. Beautiful, sunny, south-facing spot at 930 metres. 5 large bedrooms, all with luxurious en-suite bathrooms. Spectacular beamed living space with panoramic mountain views through full-height windows. Ideal for year-round relaxation or entertaining, and for skiing both Grand Massif and Portes du Soleil.
This is a traditional 19th century Savoyard farmhouse, transformed into a luxury mountain home by the present owners for their own use. Literally no expense was spared on the 3-year renovation project, carried out by some of the area’s most highly skilled artisans and completed in 2009. The result is a superb fusion of traditional alpine craftsmanship and character with modern design and comfort, in a supremely peaceful, yet highly accessible location.
The house is particularly energy-efficient and the materials, fixtures and fittings are of the very highest quality. The floors are solid oak, the main bathroom surfaces polished or textured stone or marble and there is gas-fired underfloor heating throughout.
Ground floor (oak floors, wooden ceilings and plastered walls throughout):
- Entrance area/corridor with external door and stairs to main living space.
- Spacious sauna with east-facing window.
- Bedroom 1
– Large owners’ bedroom with south-facing window. Light, en-suite bathroom, also with south-facing window. Full-size bath with hand shower, twin wash-basins with granite surround, WC, walk-in shower with granite base and polished stone surrounds.
- Bedroom 2
– Principal guest bedroom, with similar specification to bedroom 1
- small differences in layout and types of bathroom stone.
- Bedroom 3
– Another spacious room with full-height, double-width, glass sliding doors to west-facing terrace and mountain views. Solid timber built-in storage and hanging space. Glass-walled en-suite bathroom with wooden slats and blind, allowing natural light and enjoyment of views if desired. Full-size bath with hand shower, large wash-basin, WC.
- Bedroom 4
- Further large room with twin windows and solid timber built-in storage. Spacious en-suite shower room with wash-basin, WC and plenty of natural light from west-facing window.
- Separate WC with wash-basin
Magnificent, open-plan, integrated living space, divided into different functional areas on 3 levels. Beautifully designed to combine the full effect of the original barn’s height and superb, beamed timber frame with wonderful all-round views. These are enjoyed through large windows on three sides, which fill the space with light but not glare, owing to the protective overhang of the roof. Full-height, sliding glass doors on two sides give access to an external balcony, which wraps around the east and south sides of the house.
- Entrance area with hanging space by front door. Internal door to garage.
- Wooden staircase to second floor.
- Open, country-style kitchen placed at the heart of the space, in a large alcove slightly below and to the rear of the main living and dining areas. Large gas cooking range. Appliances and storage units on three sides, with a central island providing both boundary and focus on the fourth side.
- Large raised dining area with full-height windows or glass doors on two sides, allowing views to east and south. Sliding door to east-facing balcony. Cosy, insert fireplace with wood-panelled chimney rising through the full height of the space.
- Separate sitting area, set three steps above the dining area, with similar windows to south and west, and sliding door to south-facing balcony.
- TV and further sitting area, set behind and below the main sitting area with windows to the west and north. Integral double garage and laundry room, accessed from the main living space, which could easily be converted in whole or part to provide additional living accommodation.
Second floor (mezzanine):
- Landing with built-in storage and hanging space.
- Bedroom 5, under eaves, with twin skylights, north-facing windows and glass wall to main living space with elegant privacy blinds, allowing light from all sides and views through the beams of the timber structure. En-suite bathroom with full-size bath, hand shower, stone wash-basin and WC.
- Gallery bisecting living space, with views to dining and sitting areas below. Door to south-facing upper balcony.
- Summer kitchen and boiler room with door to garden terrace.
- 2 capacious cellars/storerooms with doors to garden terrace.
- South-facing terrace.
- Low-maintenance garden laid to grass.
The house is located in a quiet hamlet on a no-through-road above the Giffre Valley between Taninges (7km) and Samoëns (12km). A beautiful area in all seasons, in the winter months Samoëns and Morillon (9km) provide access to the Grand Massif ski domain (265km of pistes) and Les Gets (19km) to the Portes du Soleil (650km of pistes).
This is an ideal property for comfortable living and entertaining all year round. It could also easily be adapted for commercial use as a luxury ski chalet. Its combination of seclusion and ready accessibility from Geneva and the rest of Europe make it a perfect peaceful mountain retreat. For anyone seeking an immaculate property of this kind, this one is truly exceptional and must be seen.
Le Grand Massif Ski Area
The Grand Massif ski region incorporates the ski resorts of Morillon, Samoeons, Flaine, Clusaz, Sixt and Les Carroz.
The Samoëns ski area offers a varied playground accessible to all. For expert skiers there are black and red pistes at the top of the resort and a vast off-piste area to indulge your enthusiasm. Beginners will improve on the lower, more gentle blue and green slopes which were entirely re-designed in 2003. Small children are welcomed at the children's ski area (jardin d´enfants) at the top of the Grand Massif Express cable car.
At 2 500 m, the summit of the Grandes Platières... A breathtakingly beautiful landscape. Mont Blanc seems to be just a couple of steps away, so impressive is its presence. The Désert de Platé, a vast snowy territory with a unique geological curiosity; a genuine stone glacier over 40 million years old!
Flaine offers wide open spaces with 140 km of pistes of all levels, marked and made safe. Just a few oases where you can eat and drink punctuate the landscape which is otherwise an untouched natural space.
Morillon is the perfect place to enjoy relaxed snowsports with the whole family, in welcoming and authentic natural surroundings. Among the 72 pistes of the Grand Massif, Marvel, the beautiful green run is a must for those who wish to combine the pleasure of skiing with the discovery of local fauna, as explained on the information boards along the edge of the piste. It even has a local hero… Did you know that Morillon is the home of Antoine Dénériaz, the 2006 Olympic downhill champion ?
Samoens Ski Resort
Samoëns is a beautiful village, listed 88th in the French National Office of Historic Monuments, and the only ski resort in France to be so listed. The impressive Grand Massif mountain range surrounds Samoëns, and the rich fertile countryside has established long-standing agricultural roots.
The Giffre River runs through the valley and there are several lakes which provide the focal points for some of the numerous walks in the area. Samoens is a village, not just a ski resort so is busy and vibrant all year round, with an impressive range of restaurants, cafes and bars catering to all tastes as well as a widely varying selection of shops and other amenities.
Diagnostic de Performance Energétique
Gaz à effet de serre
Faible émission de GES
Forte émission de GES